Now in our 4th year, the Austin Trail Running continues to grow! If you’re interested in joining our team, see below for opening positions:
Store Manager Position- Head of Retail
The Austin Trail Running Company is currently seeking a leader with experience and creativity to help continue build our brand and drive sales. We operate one brick and mortar location in North Austin and execute a number of pop-up “mobile stores” at trail races through-out the state each year; we attend 20-25 races each year.
The ideal candidate is both numbers driven and creative. They will obsess over both the performance of the store (i.e., traffic and sales) and also the customer experience that our customers love about our unique run specialty store. You will organize and plan in-store events, manage day to day operations and work with the team on improving operational efficiency.
The Austin Trail Running Company is a small and nimble team of highly motivated and productive individuals. We are very hands on and not dictated by our job titles. Our team is both strategic and hands on, which we will also expect from you. We are building the future of retail for trail running at the 50,000’ level while also jumping in to get the job done on a ground floor.
- Oversee the daily operations of the retail store.
• Manage the P&L to meet or exceed the sales plan.
• Build on our strategic growth plan to increase traffic in-store and online.
• Develop programs to drive foot traffic and awareness in the greater Hill Country region.
• Develop and motivate a strong retail team that shares in our vision.
• Ensure a standard of service and customer experience consistent with our brand.
• Take ownership of the store appearance, cleanliness and organization.
• Plan and execute pop-up stores throughout the state.
• Build a strong network of customers, partners and media in the Austin area.
You have continuously proven yourself academically, personally and professionally. You have succeeded in demanding, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments. You have 3+ years of retail management experience demonstrating a commitment to service and sales. You are curious, teachable and enjoy numbers. You are not afraid of small cheap experiments and ambitious goals. You have strong leadership skills, planning, analytical and communication skills. You have no problems regularly lifting 20+ pounds and being on your feet most of the day.
This position is full-time and salaried. You will be expected to work 40 hours a week and with some weekend days per month.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com
Since opening in January 2016, the Austin Trail Running Company is not just a retail space, but a place for trail runners to connect, hang-out, watch films and drink beer. We’re looking for team members to help embrace our unique customer experience at our shop and engage with them as the explore trail running, hiking and functional fitness.
- Strong retail experience and running, hiking or fitness background or interest.
- Experience in supporting and executing small group special events.
- Availability for at least 5 weekend days a month, evenings and 15-20 hours per week total.
- Great interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- General knowledge of our brand and the Texas trail running community.
We’re not so concerned with your gear knowledge. If you have a great attitude, are teachable and an interest in the outdoor industry, than we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.